Wednesday, February 19, 2014

As you know, my blog is focused mainly on my infertility journey, but I'd like to start sharing more about myself, my day-to-day life, things I love and random things I'm thinking about or doing. I believe doing this will be a great reminder that infertility does not define me, and will also help me enjoy and appreciate the other "stuff" in my life.  

Allow me to tell you about my newest thing: loose leaf tea!  I've been a big fan of coffee for a while now, but lately I've found myself on a tea kick.  Sometimes you just need a little change, I guess. Plus, I have been hearing more and more about the benefits of drinking tea. Black, white, green and oolong teas contain antioxidants called flavonoids, which fight naughty little things called free radicals and they are believed to reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and alzheimer's (all of which I have a strong family history).  

Up to this point I've mostly been using store bought tea bags to make my tea.  I quickly got bored with that. So today I decided to go to this adorable little tea shop called Savoy Tea Co.  I had been there once before with a friend to get an iced tea and chat, and have been wanting to go back ever since! When I meandered in there this morning, the sweetest lady helped me by explaining all the different teas and the options for steeping them. I literally spent 15 minutes just smelling the various blends of tea.  Talk about aromatherapy!  I ended up with a nice little variety of sample packs, as well as an ez-brew tea maker.  You just add 1 tsp of loose leaf tea and 8oz. of steaming hot water. After letting it sit and steep for the recommended amount of time, you set it on top of your cup and let it drain down into it. Pretty cool, huh?  










I'm currently sipping on my first cup of home brewed loose leaf tea! Mmmmm, so good!  I see many more cups of this healthy, delicious stuff in my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment