Sunday, June 15, 2014

Several months ago, my dear friend, Page, sent me a Facebook message with a link to the article below. She said that she was crying and praying for Corey as she read it and she wanted to share it with me.  I am so glad she did! Please take a few moments to read this very well-said post by a man who has been where my husband now stands.

http://natepyle.com/the-disgrace-of-infertility/#sthash.Zqar7LC1.dpbs

I have read and re-read this article so many times. What I love so much about it is that it so accurately depicts the male perspective of the infertility journey. The man so often gets overlooked. I think it is because men are often trying to be strong for their wives and don't usually talk about how helpless or frustrated they feel during this vicious cycle. People don't realize that it is really hard on the guys, too. Today my man will not get overlooked.  Like Page, I am crying and praying for Corey today.  It is a day devoted to honoring fathers, and I wish with all my heart that he was one of them. I know what an incredible father he would be!  I dream about watching him rock our newborn baby and teaching our kids how to pray. I dream about little ones following him around wanting to do everything he does and to be just like him.  I dream about him reading bedtime stories and playing with our kids in the yard. I dream about looking at my children and seeing him in them. I want so badly to be able to make all of that a reality.  But no matter how badly I want it, it is something only God can give.  So I continue to have hope that someday he will bless my husband with the gift of fatherhood.  I continue to believe he will give beauty for ashes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment