Monday, April 7, 2014

After a long, cold winter, I am so delighted that the trees and flowers are finally beginning to bloom and the grass is starting to turn green again!  Oh how I love this time of year! This lovely Spring atmosphere has me in the mood to be doing pretty much anything outside. Corey and I considered having a garden last year, but never got around to it---so we decided this is going to be the year we create our first fruit and vegetable garden in our back yard!!  

Corey has been wanting a wood working project for a while now, so I suggested he build us some raised garden beds.  He jumped all over that idea!  He and our neighbor Adam worked hard together for a few days and built Danielle and I some beautiful cedar garden boxes.  What a sweet thing for them to do for their wives!  I think they may have had a little fun, too :)  



Getting started in the garage...


Deciding where we wanted our garden and digging out the grass.


Trying to be helpful... but lets me honest... hubby did most of the work!


Leveling...


Building...


The finished product!!  I'm so happy with how they turned out!


We planted bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, raspberries, cucumbers, onions, zucchini, basil, cilantro, thyme and parsley.  We also planted some strawberries in pots on the porch because we ran out of room in the garden! We may have gotten a little carried away... but I am hoping and praying that SOMETHING will grow and produce good fruit!  Our neighbors, the Wheelers, planted completely different things (tomatoes, squash, spinach, etc.,) and we are going to share everything with each other!  It's a great deal!  Corey and I definitely have a lot of learn about gardening, but like anything else in life... I suppose we'll learn as we go.  

Cheers to new hobbies and adventures!  


No comments:

Post a Comment