Tuesday, April 1, 2014

This past weekend I went to Dallas with my friends, Maura and Ryan (of Eugene Grace Photography) for some photo shoots.  Oh my goodness... we had such a blast!! Ryan is also a travel agent and he hooked us up with an awesome hotel downtown to stay in.  Over the course of the weekend, we were all over the place--the bishop arts district, downtown, north Dallas & some of the suburbs. It was fun exploring and finding some really cool spots to take pictures!!  We ate such good food and we even got cupcakes out of a cupcake atm!! That was a new one for all of us. What a seriously cool city!  

One of the highlights of the weekend for me was going to 'The Village Church' and being taught by Pastor Matt Chandler.  I had listened to some of his stuff online in the past and was so excited to be able to attend his church while we were in Dallas!  I personally love his style of preaching.  He is so passionate about the gospel and doesn't feel the need to tip toe around the truth.  I admire his boldness and his lack of sugar coating. There is no doubt in my mind that The Lord is working through Matt bring many souls to Him.  His church is currently studying the Book of Acts and this week he taught on Acts 15.  "Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.” The apostles and elders met to consider this question.  After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.  God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.  Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?  No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”  Acts 15:5-11 One thing Matt said is that anyone can conform to a religious or moral code, but only God can transform our hearts by His grace.  Paul, Barnabas, Peter and many other church leaders were all in agreement that the works of the law have no part in our salvation and they were quick to correct those who were declaring otherwise.  

Today I want to share with you a YouTube video that I saw about a year ago. Not only is it one of my favorite songs ever, but also hearing what Matt Chandler and John Piper have to say, mixed with the incredible lyrics of the song is... amazing!  I remember the first time I saw & heard this I was so moved that I got chills all over my body.  I felt like God was speaking directly to me in every word that Matt spoke... "I knew you were going to be messy," "Don't give up...keep walking, keep pressing in, keep confessing...but don't give up.  I'll heal you" and "You're mine...what court can they possibly charge you in?"  In response to this, what can you do but lift up your hands and praise God for His great love?  For those of us who are saved and have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit, this is our reality!! Think about it.  It is so good for us to be reminded over and over what our salvation really means.  For those who do not yet know Christ, I know He loves you and desires for you to be His child.  He went to the cross and paid the price for your sins just as much for you as He did for me or anyone else.  He is standing at the door of your heart knocking. Will you open it and invite Him in??  If so, I promise it will be the best decision you could ever make.   








No comments:

Post a Comment